Milestone Technical Institute is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. As such, applicants from other countries are welcome to apply with the school and must comply with the following requirements:
Choose Your Course
An international student applying for an M-1 visa must enroll in a full-time course to maintain their status.
- The school Admission Form Financial Support Form
- A proof of your financial support
- A photocopy of the personal information page of your passport.
- A photocopy of high school (or higher) diploma, transcript or GED.
Do NOT pay $140 USD visa application processing fee to the US consulate until we send you a Form I-20.
- Send the documents above to: email@example.com or fax to 713-988-1701
- Make a payment for tuition and the following non-refundable fees: $150 USD – Registration fee, $275 USD – Processing fee, $165 USD – International express mail. After receipt of payment, we will send you a form I-20.
- Fill out the DS-160 Non-immigrant Visa Application online.
- Make a $140 USD payment to the US Consulate in your country and make a reservation for an interview after you received a form I-20 from us.
- Make a $200 USD payment for SEVIS I-901 online from the PC with a printer and print out the receipt page.
- You will receive a visa within 2 – 8 weeks after the interview.Note:The consular officer may need to get special clearances depending on the course of study and nationality of the student. This can take some additional time.
- You can enter the United States from 30 days prior to the first day of your course.
You can apply for an M-1 visa starting 90 days prior to the first day of your course. And, we suggest you to apply for a visa at latest 30 days prior to the first day of the course.
You must be able to show that you will have the financial support for the whole duration of your stay (3, 6 or 9 months). Our requirements for the issuance of your I-20 Form are the same as the American Embassy or the Consulate.
You can show the proof of financial support in 3 ways:
- Submit a copy of your bank statement and other evidence of support such as your tax return or proof of employment indicating your annual salary.
- If your sponsor is living in the US or a US Citizen, he/she can fill out the form I-134 (Affidavit of support) along with his/her bank statement.
- If your sponsor resides outside the US, he/she may fill out the Financial Support Form along with his/her bank statement. (All of these documents must be written in English and must not be more than 6 months old).
- Checks in USD payable to “Milestone Technical Institute”
- International Money Order in USD payable to “Milestone Technical Institute”
- Wire transfer – Please contact us for instructions.
Refund policies for the international students:
If your visa is denied, you must send back the I-20 we mailed to you along with a denial letter from the US Consulate to Milestone Technical Institute. Your tuition will be refunded, however the registration fee, processing fee and international express mail fee will not be refunded. There is no refund of tuition if the M-1 visa was issued to the student and the student does not show for the intended registered course.
Milestone Technical Institute is not responsible for approving your M-1 visa. That decision solely lies with the US Embassy, Consulate or USCIS.